Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Life Update

This month has flown by with my mom visiting and getting settled back at home.  We've been running errands and trying to get back into the flow of life.  I've also been trying to connect with friends and get Mara back on a schedule.

We've been doing all things fall around here (although it doesn't quite feel like it yet).  I've been burning pumpkin and apple candles.  We went to a pumpkin patch and carved our pumpkin.  I've been drinking apple cider and wishing for scarf weather.

I've also been working on a few projects around the house.  In the last few days I've mowed the lawn, trimmed all the hedges and treated all the fire ant mounds.  I have also recently refinished some old bookcases and worked on getting the fall decorations up at the house.

Lately life has felt like a big to-do list which has been both a good and bad thing.  Even though I love lists I try not to get overwhelmed in them. I also really try to not live by how much I get crossed off of them.  The positive of them has been that they are making time go quickly.  We've hit that halfway point on this deployment and I'm trying not to "sprint" down the mountain so to speak.  Trying to realize that time on this side of the mid point may go just as slowly as it did on the first half.

We celebrated Josh's birthday with him via skype.  I tried to make it special with a festive box and a few presents.  It's always hard to be apart for holidays and I'm sure it's only going to get worse as the holiday season gets into full gear shortly.

This week we're getting ready to do all things Halloween.  We have a few fall festivals and of course trick or treating to attend.  I'm really excited to see Mara's reaction to things this year as she is now a bit bigger than she was last year (1 month).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...