Monday, October 13, 2014

A Reflection on Motherhood

This mommy thing it's hard work.  It's also the most fulfilling work I've ever done.  There are some days where I literally throw up my hands with frustration and others where I cannot imagine my heart growing with more love for her.

Each day I make a choice to try to be the best mama I can be.  I want to make precious memories with her.  I want to instill in her love, discipline, faith, and obedience.  I want to play and laugh.  I don't want to wish the day (or night) away.

Sure there are days where other things consume me.  I get wrapped up in the amount of things on my to do list.  Freak out that the house is dirty or the laundry isn't done.  But then I try to remember to step back.  To remember that these days will go to fast.  That I will regret that I was too busy worrying about these tasks instead.

I don't want to miss anything.  I don't want to miss the milestones.  The first words, the first steps, the moment she starts running.  I want to marvel in these little accomplishments and praise her for her efforts.

Motherhood has challenged my faith.  Drawn me closer to Him in times of doubt.  Sure there were nights where I just didn't understand.  Prayed for clarity and felt abandoned.   But I mean how many times do we actually understand His plan?!  In the end He is always faithful and always there.

Motherhood is the hardest job I have ever hold.  It is a forever job.  It is one I have to work at each and every day.  But it's the best job.  Some days I complain.  Heck most days I complain!  But I know it's worth it.  That this is my calling.  That I am capable.  That each and every time that little girl wraps her arms around me I am complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...