Friday, September 5, 2014

I Am So Thankful

This morning I woke up to an incoming text message from one of my fellow mamas back in North Carolina who just happens to be walking through this deployment thing as well.  She was simply asking for prayer.  It just warmed my heart to read through all the other messages that had already come through in response offering prayer, a ear to listen, encouragement and even a laugh or two.

And I was just awe struck by this amazing network of people He has placed me in as my little family walks through this deployment.  I know for some being close to their families during this time is key.  I'll be the first to say that this time up with my family has been amazing but there is something about our community in North Carolina that I long for.  Our church, our friends we've found there, those who "get" the whole military thing. :)

Deployment is hard beyond what I ever imagined it to be but being among these ladies everyday has made it a whole lot easier.  Some of these ladies are military wives, some are not.  Some have walked through multiple deployments and for some this is their first.  Some have littles too, while others are expecting their first.  Some won't see a deployment in their time in North Carolina and others have seen too many.

Regardless of what any of our current status looks like I am constantly humbled and appreciative every time one of us seems to struggle.  The others rally around offering help and prayer.  It's these ladies I know I can cry to, laugh with, express my frustration, look to for distraction and turn to when I am at my wits end.

He always knows exactly what we need.  He knew I needed this kind of support while Josh was away.  He knew I needed these ladies around me.  He knew that I would be able to do the same for them.  He knew that we would surround each other.

He always knows exactly what we need.  And for that I am so thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...