Saturday, September 27, 2014

Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,

I cannot believe you will be one soon.  That it has been a year since they placed you on my belly.  I know everyone said time will fly by but I never knew how quick it would go.   This past year has been one of the most fulfilling and wonderful years of my life little girl and it's all because of you.

I remember the hospital stay.  When they gave me to you for the first time, I was at such a loss for words.  I don't remember much from those first moments except your face little girl.  I remember just staring at your beautiful eyes, perfect button nose and your red lips.  Soaking it all in.  Knowing I needed to imprint this moment in my mind forever.

That first night I didn't want to let you go.  I held you in my arms all night and I still remember it as the sweetest sleep I have ever had.  I'd wake up just to stare at you.  Count your fingers and your toes.  Kiss your little head.  Lay my hand on your chest and feel you breathing.  I was in awe.  I am still in awe.

The months have flown by baby girl.  You are this amazing little person now who brightens our lives each and every day.  You have this silly smile.  You scrunch up your nose and stick your tongue out.  You seem to enjoy watching others find delight in you.  When you are really excited you let out the highest screech as you quickly crawl away.

You have an independent streak a mile wide.  You get so determined to accomplish a task and get frustrated when others try to help.  I love watching you study your world.  From the beginning you have been our observer.  You observe and observe till you have it figured out then you do!

You are shy and reserved until you feel comfortable.  You are not a cuddler.  Mama has learned to treasure those quiet moments when all you want is to be in Mama's arms.  It's in these quiet seconds that I try to soak it all in.  Rub your little back.  Stroke your hair.  Kiss those soft curls that are finally starting to appear.

Mara, I wish I could convey to you how much Mommy and Daddy love you.  It's hard for me to find the words to do so.  We feel so blessed that God choose us to be your parents baby girl.  He filled a void in our little family that we didn't know was there.  Our love for you is so deep and it will only continue to grow.

Baby girl you are my kind of amazing.  You are my wonder.  And I love you.  Forever and a day.

Love,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...