Thursday, July 31, 2014

Mara-10 Months

Weight: You are probably still hovering around the 19 lb mark and 27.5 inches.  This has been the longest you have stayed at the same weight.

Health:  You are super healthy.  You just got another tooth and it didn't even phase you.



Social: You are interacting more and more with kids your age.  We went to a play group on post the other day and after a few minutes of warming up you loved seeing all the other babies your age.  I'm only sorry we haven't made it to this group earlier.

You also love talking and interacting with older kids.  You really warm up to toddlers and seem to want to do what they are doing.

You are still very hesitant with new situations and you are very aware of where your mommy is in relationship to you.  Mama's shy so you may have gotten this from me.


Diet: You are still almost exclusively feeding yourself unless we are out and about.  You LOVE strawberries and will eat them all before you touch anything else.  You also like turkey and peas.  You are hesitant about peaches and pears but I just suspect it's because you like strawberries more.

I just introduced you to a plate and you did pretty well until you signed "all done".  You proceeded to dump it.  I'm just thankful that it wasn't on the floor although I'm sure you'll learn this trick soon.

We are still not seeing much progress on the sippy cup front.  Today you drank about 3 oz. of water from your NUK cup.  That's the only one I've seen you take anything from.  I'm curious if you'd do better with a straw.



Clothes: You are still in 12 month clothes exclusively.  I'm a little unsure about what to pack on our upcoming trip because we'll be gone for a couple of months.  Are you going to grow out of your clothes while we're away?  It's also hard to plan because you'll be in disposables rather than cloth diapers so you'll have a little more room in the behind.


Mama's Favorites: I love watching you skype with your daddy.  Lately you have a ton to say to him and rule the conversation.  You babble on and on while he entertains you.  I love seeing how you recognize him and connect with him.  It's also pretty awesome for him too!


Crying:  You are still very attached to mama so anything that takes you away from me usually results in crying.  Buddy seems to be the only distraction that works.

You get the biggest tears when you cry and it really breaks mama's heart.

Lately you have been fake crying in the car if I don't hold your hand.  I know you aren't really crying because there are no tears.  You also stop periodically as you get distracted by something out the window.  It's quite funny actually.

Sleep:  We are emerging from this sleep regression! After a few rough nights, you are finally able to settle yourself back down.  I don't know what clicked but I am so thankful for this transition.  You are back to your once a night nursing wake up sometime around 3-5 depending on when you go to bed that night.

You usually wake up about two hours before you are ready to and want to come sleep with mama.  I let you and for the most part you do fine.  Lately you have just been all over me, pinching and kicking me in your sleep so I don't know how much longer we will do this morning ritual if you keep that up.

This Week: We went to a play group on post and kept busy seeing friends and preparing to head north to visit family.  We have talked with daddy everyday and you love to entertain him with your antics.


Baby Likes: You still love Buddy.  You pet him and chase after him whenever he is in your eye sight.  You have recently started to be aware of what he likes to play with and will dangle a string near him in order to see him go for it.

You love stuff animals.  You will always go for the animals if they are near.  You don't play with them long but always give them a squeeze or a lick before moving on.  You have your teddy bear, your daddy bear and your bunny.

You love to get into everything.  You are pulling things out of drawers and dumping out your toy box on a daily basis.  I usually spend the first five minutes after you go to bed picking this all up.  Mama can't wait for daddy to come home so he can do this while I put you to sleep (hint hint :)



Milestones:  You are pulling to standing on many things in the house including the fireplace, french doors, your music table and the couch.  You have even taken a few hesitant steps from the fireplace to the cat door.

You respond to simple commands from mama.  You understand when I say, "Come here." and "Do you want to eat?".  You also understand all the signs we have worked on.  You know milk, eat, more, Buddy, and all gone.  The only one you actually use is milk though.

You help mama get you dressed in the morning.  You push your arms through when I put your shirt on.

You are more and more vocal everyday.  Now you are good at mimicking sounds and like to hold conversations with whom ever you are talking to.  You love doing the Indian war cry.

You have started holding mama's phone and your phone up to your ear.  You also do this on demand when we say hello.

Tooth number seven is in.  You added the bottom right one next to the center two.  I'm betting the left one isn't far behind.


Best of Times:  We are both sleeping a ton better now that you're sleeping more at night.  You have also had some really good skype dates with your daddy.  You have engaged him the entire time sometimes trying to "talk" over mama.  You are such a ham trying to entertain him.


Worst of Times: Sometimes mama gets overwhelmed being the only parent present.  I have my moments baby girl but you always keep me smiling in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...