Thursday, July 24, 2014

9 Month Favorites

It seems like everyday the list of baby products we are currently using is changing.  Mara can literally love an item one day and then be over it the next.  We have found a few though that have stood the test of time and are our go to's whenever we need something to carry, entertain and just do life with Mara.

1. Baby Carriers:  We have the Ergo and a Little Frog ring sling.  I use both almost daily.  For quick carries such as running into the store and all public nursing I use my ring sling.  It gives me both hands free as well as keeps Mara right in the action.

My Ergo is mainly for long hauls and when I really need all hands free. (In the sling Mara rides on my hip so there is a bit of movement restriction.  In the Ergo she's on my back.)  I put her in there while we grocery shop, run to Target and vacuum the house!  We also use this carrier for hiking.  It can get a bit hot if you are really moving around outside but for the most part it's our favorite.

2. Britax B-Agile: Lately Mara has become such a fan of her stroller.  We have incorporated a daily walk into our routine.  Mama gets some exercise and Mara gets some fresh air.  She totally just zones out while we cruise around the neighborhood.  The stroller isn't quite a jogger but it's beefy enough to run with it occasionally.  I have noticed some wear on the tires so I guess we'll see how it goes long term.  It's not too heavy although I am sure there are lighter ones on the market.  Right now though we're happy.

3. Fischer Price Lunchbox:  There is no doubt this is Mara's favorite toy.  My mom bought this for her for Easter and she has loved it ever since.  It is small enough to tote around yet has a lot of components to keep her busy.  She pulls out the food inside and bangs them together.  She also now loves trying to put them back in their spots which is helping her learn shapes.

4. Telephone: Mara has the old school Fischer price rotary telephone.  She loves pushing it around and playing with the string.  She hasn't quite figured out how to pull it yet but I am sure she will do this as soon as she starts walking.  She now holds the phone up to her ear and pretends to talk into it.  She will do this on demand if you say hello to her too.  Buddy also loves this toy as the string brings a lot of entertainment.  Mara has also on occasion dangled the string in front of Buddy and "played" with him.

5. Popping Hippo Car:  I found this push toy around Easter as a little add in to her Easter basket.  I liked that it had balls that popped yet wasn't that annoying pushing popping toys that I'm sure drives many a parent nuts.  At first Mara just shook it but now is pushing it around the floor on a regular basis.

6. Musical Table:  I think a lot of parents have a version of this table.  The legs can be taken off for sitting babies and then put on to encourage standing.  Mara has loved this since the day I brought it home.  With the legs on it, she pulls up on this multiple times a day.  She bangs on all parts of this to hear the music and see the lights.  She especially likes the laptop part because she likes to open and close it.
 
7. Chico Clip on Highchair:  This is more a mom item then a Mara item.  With a high table in our kitchen we knew we didn't want the typical stand alone high chair.  We picked this item up at a consignment sale and love it.  It clips on to the side of the table and is super sturdy.  It also disassembles easily for cleaning and has come out spotless every time I have washed it.  My only regret is that we didn't get one with a tray.  I can't say this is a fault of the chair just I wish we would have found one with a tray.

8. Joovy Walker:  This is our newest addition to the baby gear collection.  I originally thought walkers were pretty dangerous but then after doing a little research decided that it would be a good tool to show Mara how she can get around.  She took awhile to crawl and I think she'll progress to walking quickly.  Already she loves to cruise around in this.  She chases Buddy around and rams into everything.  I like the Joovy Walker especially because it didn't have any bulky toys on it.  It also had clean lines and wasn't "themed".

9. Swing:  Mara loves her outdoor swing.  Josh hung it in our covered porch which is perfect for swinging anytime.  She instantly gets a smile on her face when she is in it and is pretty content to swing for about 30 minutes.  What's nice about this swing is that it should grow with her at least another year.

10. Remotes, Chords, Nail clippers, etc.: Doesn't every baby love these items?!  I feel like no matter how many toys and baby gear items you have at your disposal every baby somehow gravitates to anything that isn't meant to be a toy.  In our house it is the TV remote, nail clippers and empty plastic bottles that hold Mara's attention the longest.  It makes me wonder if I could get rid of the other nine things on this list and she wouldn't even notice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...