Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Solids Update

The last couple of days Mara has suddenly decided she is over pureed foods.  She shakes her head "no no no" when I try or grabs the spoon and promptly drops it on the floor.  I kind of expected this day would come I just didn't think she would make such a drastic change.  (Literally one day she was done)

We have since switched to a more baby led weaning approach.  I've been giving her pieces of food that are manageable for her and she is feeding herself.  For the most part the food doesn't really make it down.  She chews most things and then lets it fall out of her mouth.  I'm not too worried about this because we are still nursing pretty regularly.  I also know Mara and when she's hungry she'll eat.

I've had fun trying to figure out foods for her to try.  It's been a bit difficult but I think I am getting the hang of it finally.  Sure it takes a bit more planning but that's ok.  Mara has tried avocado, banana, toast, sweet potatoes, carrots, strawberries, oranges and turkey.  She has eaten all but I think loves the strawberries the most.  I can't wait to venture into more foods and let her try new things!

I'd say the only downfall of this is the mess.  Man this girl does not care about getting dirty.  She squeezes the food between her fingers.  Smears it on her face.  Licks the table.  Rubs it on her clothes.  It almost always requires a bath immediately after.

As with everything in this whole parenting thing, the normal is constantly changing usually right when I feel like I have finally gotten the hang of it.  She likes to keep me on my toes :)  But these changes also means she's growing and developing and that's always a good thing.  It'll only be a matter of time before she's reaching for food off of my plate!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...