Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week 18

Its been an extremely busy week as we've closed the chapter on our lives in Kisumu and spent the rest of the week finishing up things in Nairobi.  I have nothing really to complain about.  Second trimester is rocking my socks and I am loving every minute of it.  My sleep has been getting better.  I can definitely see the difference when I switch mattresses   I'm hoping that with all the traveling we'll be doing in the next few weeks that I'll be ok.

I had a little bout with some itchy skin on my belly this week but it seems to be clearing up.  I know this can be normal as your skin starts to stretch but I think it was just a lack of sheets on our bed in Kisumu with the movers taking everything.

I'm also feeling a ton of movement from Baby Bast in there.  He or she loves to make their presence known especially when I am sitting still.  I get the occasional strong kick that I'm assuming I only feel when they are right next to my skin but mostly just feels like someone is doing cartwheels in my stomach.

Food wise I am still craving my spice.  Nairobi has been a bit of an indulgence and I think I need to moderate myself a tad.  I still am only up 2 pounds but the belly seems to keep getting bigger.  I am always hungry and usually can't get "too full".

I am really looking forward to getting some new clothes when we get to the states.  Finding bottoms that fit is really frustrating.  I'm really missing my jeans and am hating how my non-maternity leggings are too tight on my stomach.

As we're getting closer to half way, I've been thinking more and more about the labor portion of the pregnancy.  I'm getting a tad nervous and have about a million questions to ask my sisters and mom.  I am also starting to worry about getting everything prepared before the baby comes.  I'll be more than half way there when we get back to N. Carolina and will still have to set up the house.  At least it will just be another room to set up in the sense we won't have to re-do things or find alternative homes for other pieces of furniture.  BUT this is life right?! (or so Josh loves to remind me)  We'll figure it out and it'll be fine :-)

Think the outfit makes me look bigger than I actually am this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...