Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Our New Home

When I started looking at rental homes in Fayetteville, I had an extremely optimistic view of what the process was going to be.  As far as I could tell there were TOO many houses that met our requirements, TOO many choices.  This would be a breeze!  I emailed realtors and copied down addresses so that when we arrived we could get right to it.

The backyard
After the first two days of looking (9 houses in), we knew we had to rethink our process.  Although seemingly fine on paper, the houses were run down and didn't completely meet our needs.  Our biggest issue was location.  I thought I understood the area but after looking for a few days we were able to hone in exactly where we wanted to be.  That night I did a quick search on a military housing website and quickly found a few houses that met our criteria.  It was definitely a refreshing change of plans.

The next day was like a whole new search.  Every house met our criteria and we just needed to pick one.  Our last house was the one.  Sitting on one acre of land its in a very quiet neighborhood just north of town.  Its brick exterior gives it a lot of charm while the inside is still modern enough for me.  We love the screened in porch and can't wait to spend summer nights out there.  The best part is its only about a 15 minute commute to base for Josh.  This was really important to both of us.  A short commute means he doesn't have to get up super early for PT and can quickly be home in the evenings if need be.  Definitely perks when the baby comes!

Our new house
We move in the first of the month and I can't wait to get our things in there.  This house will be our home for the next two years.  Its where we'll welcome our son or daughter and where we'll become a family of three.  I can't wait to start making memories :-)


The living room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...