Saturday, May 11, 2013

Life Lately

I'm kind of upset with myself that I haven't posted anything yet on our new lives here in North Carolina but its just been so busy.  We've been running here and there working on just getting settled here at Fort Bragg.  Although at times it was a tad stressful, I think we made it through mostly unscathed.

Some of our accomplishments thus far:

-We found a house!  We're hoping to sign the paperwork tomorrow.  Early mother's day present to me!

-We found a car!  We got a 2010 Jeep Cherokee and we love it :-) Its the perfect size family car but still has the power Josh was looking for.  After being in Kenya and having our car Lucy we weren't ready to downsize too much.

-We've scheduled our moves.  There's little we can do on this end to move our things quicker over here from Kenya.  BUT we've turned in the paperwork and can only pray that they get on a plane soon.  I'd love to have them sometime early June.  Wishful thinking I know...

-We've put in the paperwork to move my things.  I can't tell you how excited I am to have my things again.  Yes I learned to live without them and yes its a tad materialistic but I am happy to have some of my clothes and kitchen gadgets with me again.  Oh and pictures...I'm missing my photos.

-We've seen the doctors.  Josh was able to schedule an appointment before we fly again but will probably need to follow up when we get back.  I walked in to the doctor's office and they flipped.  19 weeks and you haven't seen a doctor!!  I was whisked away for blood tests (7 vials people), urine tests, and yep a pregnancy test.  I'm still laughing that despite the belly and the fact that they could hear the baby's heartbeat they needed to do a test.  I told Josh I was a little scared I wasn't going to pass :-)

Today we're hoping to do a few more things.  Phones.  Some window shopping.  etc. This transition has been a bit stressful but I'm starting to realize that that's maybe just how it is with the military.  We'll just keep moving forward and making Fayetteville our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...