Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Last Day

So this is it.  Our last day in Kenya.  Surprisingly its been somewhat calm thus far.  Buddy made it safely last night and doesn't seem too affected by the long drive from Kisumu.  We're just doing a little rearranging and repacking then headed out to where he is staying to get him ready for the long flights.

I feel a little redundant but I keep feeling like its not really happening.  That we're headed back to the states for a visit rather than for good.  I'm sure it will eventually feel real like when we sign the lease on our new place or purchase our new car but for now I am in this state of "unreality" (is that even a word?).

Tonight we will travel from Nairobi to Amsterdam and then from there head to Atlanta.  After processing through customs and immigration its only a short flight to North Carolina.  I'm praying that everything goes smoothly, not only with Buddy but for us as well.  Josh's back has been hurting him lately and well you know I'm growing another human being :-)  I'm hoping that we get good seats with lots of room to get up and move around and if any airline chooses to upgrade us well that would be even more of a blessing.

Well I'm not sure when I'll have internet again or the time to post but I will try to update when I can.

Goodbye Kenya!  Its been grand....Here's to a new adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...