Thursday, May 9, 2013

19 Weeks

Another week has flown by and we are now practically at the half-way point.  Baby Bast decided to make sure I remembered he or she was in there.  After being quiet for a couple of days, the movements are back in full force.  Josh has tried to feel them but they usually stop by the time he puts his hand on my belly.  We're getting more and more excited for our next appointment and finding out whether its a girl or a boy.

Thankfully I've had a ton of energy this week as we've spent most of the week looking at houses and cars.  I think we've been to a total of 12 houses (more on that later) and looked at two vehicles. I have really loved looking at the houses and thinking about which room would make a good nursery.  Its a hard decision picking a house that we will bring this child home to and become a family of three in.

I probably wouldn't notice I was pregnant if not for this belly that is making its debut. This week I'm loving the belly bands a friend of mine gave me.  They are basically a spandex band that goes around your middle that you can use to hold up jeans that don't button any more.  At first I thought I would hate the feeling of not buttoning my pants. (News flash:  my jeans haven't fit for weeks) BUT after trying these things I love them.  They really make you feel like your pants one won't fall down and two like they are maternity jeans.  I know they aren't going to work forever but they are a good temporary fix at the moment.  I'm only kicking myself now because I let the movers pack all my jeans except one pair because I thought I couldn't wear them.    

I feel kind of lame but otherwise there's nothing new to report.  No weird symptoms or cravings.  The two of us are doing great :-) I'm still super excited to visit with family in the next few weeks.  I think after all this house hunting and running around both of us will need a vacation.

Sorry for the bad quality shot but its starting to finally be a true belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...