Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Journey Home



Good bye Kisumu!!

No I haven't forgotten about my top ten list. I will finish it. I may just finish it from the states....Needless to say the last few days of my trip I was a bit occupied with goodbyes and cramming things in to even think about writing. In London now. Flew out of Kisumu Monday night soaking in each second and then flew out of Nairobi this morning. I have a long layover here in London and will finally fly out tomorrow morning. Its definitely been a long journey. I did not go into the city. Who thought sitting on a plane for 9 hours could be so exhausting! I decided to check in the hotel and get a little sleep. It seems surreal to be able to say I will be home tomorrow. Its been a great summer to say the least and I am very very very sad to see it come to an end. I wish there were words to describe the experience but there really isn't. I already miss Kisumu and my friends there. Its going to be a very hard adjustment to be home. (Iit is still instinct to reply in Swahili when people ask me questions) The only thing left now is to plan the return trip. How many months till May?
I gave in. I saw the McDonalds and everything hit the fan...at least I can honestly say I haven't had it in about a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...