Tuesday, July 14, 2015

9 Weeks with Baby #2

This week has been a blur of activity as we dealt with with our old house and had my mom in town for a few days.  On top of it I am starting to finally feel pregnant.  I've had a little nausea return and just overall have felt really bloated and big.  I know they say you show earlier with your second but I never expected to have a belly this early.

I got to tell my mom this week.  She reacted pretty much as I expected her.  She doesn't outwardly show too much excitement but I know she's excited.  It was really fun to be able to talk about the baby with her and throw around whether this baby is a boy or a girl.

We also had our first ultrasound this week.  Similar to with Mara, our appointment was late (10 pm) Mom had been watching Mara while we attended a dinning out so we swung by and picked them both up on our way to the hospital.  It wasn't the original plan but sometimes Mara has her own plans.  lol

Once we were there we had to wait for almost 30 minutes.  Normally not a huge deal but when you're required to have a full bladder and you're pregnant, it's torture.  I was pacing the waiting room by the time the tech called me back.  This ultrasound was to date the pregnancy and just make sure everything was looking good.  By the measurements we were two days behind what I originally thought.  I don't put much thought into this as baby's will come when they come.

The heartbeat was strong at 189 and the baby was already moving around those arm and feet buds a ton!  With Mara we never had an ultrasound this early so it was kind of neat to see the baby so early. He or she definitely looks a lot different than at 12 weeks!  They always bring Josh in at the end after the exam and I just love the look he gets on his face.  He just kind of melts and it is the sweetest thing.

The rest of the week was somewhat uneventful.  We got some family pictures and I tried to suck it in (and failed).  It was so great to see this little one and really made it real.

For comparison Mara at 9 weeks!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...