Monday, July 13, 2015

8 Weeks with Baby #2

This week has been pretty much a complete turn around from last week but I think it's because this week has been so busy.  I haven't had the time to sit down and feel nauseous.  We've had two different movers coming through and three different moves to sort.  Josh has been busy at work so I'm on my own at the house.

I was able to schedule our first ultrasound for next week.  It seems a little early to me as we didn't have one with Mara till 12 weeks but I am excited to see this little one.  That first ultrasound always makes it real for me.  I remember asking the tech with Mara if he was sure there was something in there.  As always with Ft. Bragg and Womack our ultrasound is at a crazy hour.  Thankfully my mom will be in town and will be able to watch Mara while we get the scan done.

My baby bloat has gone down this week.  I felt like I was looking more like 15 weeks along than 8 before this.  I thought it was likely bloat as I carried Mara very similar.

My stomach has started hurting at night if I roll onto it at all.  I had this with Mara too and have already started using another pillow to sleep with at night.  We packed my pregnancy pillow so unfortunately I won't have that till we get settled in Georgia.

I'm struggling with bouts of insomnia too.  I usually fall asleep pretty quickly at night but have a hard time going back to sleep if I have to get up with Mara or when Josh's alarm goes off in the morning.  I typically do fall back asleep but it can take up to an hour.

Otherwise this week has been pretty uneventful.  I am ready to be a little more settled again once the moves are complete and am definitely ready to be less busy.  I see a few afternoon naps in my future along with (hopefully) some nights that Mara sleeps through the night!

Here's Mara at 8 weeks! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...