Friday, July 3, 2015

My Birthday

This year my birthday was really low key as we were preparing to leave North Carolina and Josh was recovering from surgery.  Despite these factors, Josh and Mara managed to make turning 28 really special.

I really love surprises but usually somehow manage to ruin most of them for myself.  I don't do it on purpose but I usually find out.  This time, however, I was completely in the dark and just went along with what Josh told me in the minute.

The first step was a pedicure for each of us at a local salon.  I've made a comment on and off about how I need a pedicure for awhile and I love that he listened to that and made good on it.  I also love that he got himself one.  One it's always more fun with a friend and two I think he really needed it too. lol.  We even got to be Mara free for it as Josh arranged for her to hang out with friends.

Afterwards we picked up Mara and went out for dinner.  Again he didn't tell me where we were going and I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled into a Mediterranean place downtown.  He's surprised me with this place before and it is a special treat!

Overall it was a great time.  It wasn't huge or extravagant but I sure felt loved and appreciated.  28 is going to be another amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...