Thursday, July 9, 2015

4 Weeks With Baby #2

We are so excited to be expecting a new little baby.  Even though this babe was semi-planned, I am still in disbelief that we are expecting again.  It's so different having Mara running around and being pregnant again.  With her I was so focused on my pregnancy but now I have a toddler running around.  I feel like I've barely let the news sink in.

I really struggled with how to tell Josh.  With Mara I got him a shirt that said dad.  This time I thought well maybe I'd get him a shirt that said, "Dad2" or maybe get Mara a shirt.  I looked and looked and just didn't find anything.  Finally I settled on a card and threw the pregnancy test in there for good measure.  I think it turned out great as it was actually a really busy day for him.  He got home late and Mara was already in bed.  

We're still not sure how we are going to tell family or when.  I actually told a few of my friends yesterday as we got on the topic and I just couldn't lie.  Since we are in the US (unlike with Mara) and planning a trip to see family soon we may just wait till we're there in person.  We haven't had that opportunity yet and it might be really fun.  We'll probably tell my mom first as she gets here early June when I'll be about 9 weeks along.  

We are so thankful and so excited that the Lord has entrusted another little life to us.  We pray that he or she continues to grow and develop.  Little one we love you so already!!

For comparison 4 Weeks with Mara!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...