Sunday, July 19, 2015

14 Weeks with Baby #2

This week we were in Illinois visiting my family.  On Monday we told my dad and brother we were expecting.  We didn't do anything exciting just told them.  Their reactions were to be expected; excited but somewhat reserved.  The next day we dressed Mara up in her big sister shirt and took her to Taco Tuesday night.  It took a little bit for people to start to realize what was going on but everyone was pretty excited.

It's nice to finally have this pregnancy out in the open!  I feel like it's been so much longer than we waited with Mara.  Essentially it's probably only a week or so but it really just felt longer.

Pregnancy symptoms have somewhat vanished.  I have noticed that I am more tired than normal.  For the most part I have been napping with Mara when she does.  My sense of smell is a bit off too.  Josh's morning coffee, which usually smells amazing to me, has recently smelt like tuna fish.  Weird yes I know but....

I can't believe we are officially in the second trimester and well on our way to being able to find out what this little one is.  I haven't had any strong inclinations one way or the other so I guess we'll just see!  I really feel like either would be amazing!

My belly is huge.  If we hadn't had the ultrasound I would have sworn there were two in there.  I know this is my second and they say your body just knows what to do the second time around but I see my friends with their first baby bellies and they are just SO TINY.  I hope I'm not at 20 weeks and looking like I'm going to pop.

For comparison Mara at 14 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...