Friday, July 31, 2015

17 Weeks with Baby #2

This week was a whirlwind!  Our move went smoothly and for the most part the plane rides were pretty comfortable for me. I did get a few bumps and bruises trying to install Mara's car seat but otherwise came out pretty much unscathed.

I've been finding that I'm most comfortable on my left side while sleeping.  Getting any sleep on my stomach is pretty much out of the picture and my back is a big no no.  Otherwise I feel pretty normal.  I do get tired a lot quicker and really don't feel like I did at this point with Mara.

Hopefully we will get established at a doctor pretty soon.  I am trying to keep an open mind about it as I really want to deliver this baby here in Georgia mainly because of the convenience of it.  I really don't want to fly home to only sit for a few months.  I am also really excited to see this little one again and just make sure everything is ok.  I have been feeling small kicks now and again but really nothing with any consistency.

I've been starting to see some of the same symptoms that I had with Mara.  A few of the veins in my legs are enlarged and I only hope they don't burst like they did during my last pregnancy.  My hands also go numb when I sleep.  It's a really strange thing and I remember getting it with Mara.  My only thought is it's because they are under my pillow and thus above my heart.

I was thinking about this pregnancy the other day and was a little sad that it's going so fast.  I almost feel guilty that I am not as "in-tune" with it as I was with Mara.  Life has been so busy and unfortunately most days I forget that I am pregnant.  I don't know if this is normal with pregnancy #2 but I hope so.  For the most part I chalk it up to the move and chasing after Mara.

For comparison 17 weeks with Mara!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...