Monday, August 31, 2015

21 Weeks With Baby #2

There really isn't much new to report this week.  We went in to get some routine blood work done and then made an appointment with the health unit at the embassy.  They were getting the ultrasound translated and wanted to give us the results.  

Everything looks good in there! Baby girl is growing well and this mom is healthy.  They do want to do another blood test.  Not sure exactly the reason behind it but they want to test for some clotting factors.  The doctor didn't seem concerned and again the communication barrier left some things lost in translation.  

We haven't made much progress in deciding where to have this baby.  We really appreciate all who are praying for us and helping us along the way in this decision.  I've been able to reach out to ladies who have given birth in my hometown, Germany and here so that has been super helpful.

I'm getting more uncomfortable by the day.  Mara suddenly decided she wants to sleep through the night just about the time where I have to now get up 3 times a night to pee.  Thanks Lord for that one!  My right hip gives me pain too when I sleep on that side too long.  Funny though my left one is fine.  
In general Mara is getting a tad heavy for me and going up and down the stairs is a chore.  I find myself wondering if I really need items or if it can wait.  I pile things at the top and bottom to avoid the climb.  

I'm still getting some nausea this week.  I think it's mainly heartburn related.  Last night Josh ran out and got me the local equivalent to Tums.  It's been helping a lot.  Food still has weird smells.  Case in point: Josh's morning coffee smells like tuna fish to me.  Weird I know.  I am also a sucker for cravings and mainly want Asian all the time.  

Otherwise everything is great.  We've been practicing baby sister with Mara and everyday she seems more aware of the whole baby thing.  

For comparison 21 weeks with Mara!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...