Monday, August 24, 2015

20 Weeks with Baby #2

And just like that we're halfway!  I feel like this milestone always sneaks up on us regardless of the pregnancy although I do feel like this one is going much faster.  This week we had our big mid-pregnancy ultrasound.  It was a little difficult to schedule but once we got confirmation from our health insurance it was smooth sailing.

The ultrasound went great as far as we can tell.  The language barrier did impede things a bit and the tech wasn't really able to communicate with us well.  We did ask to find out the sex of the baby and right now the guess is girl!  I say guess because again with the language barrier and the baby's modesty it was a bit difficult to determine.  The tech seemed fairly confident that it was a girl and we asked numerous times.  I'm just going to make sure that next time we ask again.  Just to confirm!

Next week I'll go in to the doctor at the health clinic for a check up and full translation of the report.  I'm still not sure if I'll be at the health unit for the duration of my pregnancy or if they will transfer me to an ob/gyn.  It seems really silly to not see an ob at some point in the pregnancy but at the same time as long as everything is healthy then I'm ok with it.

We still haven't made much progress as to deciding where we are having this little girl.  Our health insurance has put the pressure on me to make a decision in the next month.  It seems fast but I understand their perspective.  The due date will be here before we know it!

Overall I've honestly felt pretty crummy this week.  I've been slightly nauseous and tired.  I feel like maybe I'm missing some key nutrient or am slightly anemic.  I had a CBC as part of my 20-week tests so that will tell us if I am.

Baby girl 2 is still active in there.  She moves a ton at night before I go to bed and sometimes during the day when I constrict that area a bit.  I am excited that this time my placenta is not anterior so it should make it easier to feel her.

For comparison 20 weeks with Mara!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...