Sunday, May 26, 2013

21 Weeks

This week has been a flurry of activity. Josh's parents were so kind and bought us a mattress for the crib.  This of course prompted us to take the plunge and finally buy a few things for the baby.  We got a mattress pad and sheet for the bed and an Ergo carrier for hiking and being outdoors.  I knew I wanted a soft shell carrier but was undecided as to the brand.  The great deal we got on it really sealed it for us.

From Wisconsin we headed down to Illinois and found even more things for the baby.  This time though we were raiding my parents house.  They gave us a bath tub, safety gate, rocker, books and a crib.  I am so thankful my mom thought to save all these things.  The funny thing is there's even more here!  Toys, clothes, etc.  We just couldn't fathom taking it all.

Besides stocking up on baby gear, I also got some great maternity clothes this week.   I found a new pair of pants and some basic t-shirts.  I think I may be set for now but as the summer gets into full gear I may go searching for another sun dress or two.  I don't really fit into my pants anymore and am loving maternity tops to my old ones.  I'm sure I'll get sick and tired of the same old things soon though and try to fit into my regular stuff.

Baby Bast's movements have gone from flutters to full fledged kicks this week.  Last night I swear he or she did a scissor kick in there because I felt it in the front and back! Till a day or two ago Josh hasn't been able to feel it.  Its as if the baby gets camera shy as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, but last night he definitely got kicked.  It was a sweet moment getting to share that with him for the first time.  He could finally feel what I had been feeling for weeks!

Overall I still can't complain.  Despite packing up for this move and being on my feet way more than I should, I feel great.  I am starting to feel a tad big but I know its all relative.  We're still pretty much halfway there and that feeling isn't going to go away anytime soon!  My sleep-related hip pain is next to gone.  Although I resisted getting one of those Snoogle pillows for pregnant women, Josh insisted and its just great.  Yes its still massive and yes its awkward in the bed but it works.  I'll give it that.  Its also supposed to have many other positions so I should be able to get our money worth out of it.

We're still looking forward to the upcoming ultrasound.  In about a week we find out if its a boy or a girl and see how everything is going in there.  I think finding out will make it even more real for us as well then we'll be able to start thinking names too.

Woah belly!

1 comment:

  1. You look great Jennifer. How exciting for the two of you. Jillian said you "practiced" your belly in the bridesmaid's dress. Too funny.
    Glad you mom had some things to give to you. So much fun!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...