Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,

I can't believe you're half a year already.  I know I say this all the time but where did the months go?! I think 6 months hit me the hardest because its officially half a year.  Now you're closer to one year then you are to that squishy newborn phase I remember all too well.

Everyday we are absolutely amazed by you baby girl.  You are growing and learning new things so fast.  You have a great concept of cause and effect.  You love music and you have started to really find your voice.  All of this just blows my mind. You are such a big girl.  You sit up all by yourself and are now eating purees.  Soon you'll be crawling and walking!  We can't wait to see those first moments and to hear your first words.

I love watching you interact with us.  My mornings with you just brighten my day.  You smile up at me and all seems right with the day.  It doesn't matter how little sleep I've gotten the night before or if I've been frustrated with trying to get you down.  It all just goes away with that first smile.

Today I just looked down at you while you slept and marveled.  Marveled at your perfect face and how peaceful you looked.  Marveled at your little hand wrapped around mine. Just marveled.  I soaked in your littleness and just reminded myself that I won't get these moments back.  That they will be gone before I know it.

Your daddy still holds a special place in your heart.  You love to talk to him and he can always make you smile.  I love how you recognize his voice when he calls while he's away and you always look around for him.  You're so smart in that way baby girl!  It makes my heart explode to see how much your daddy loves you.  He'd move the world for you baby girl if you asked him.

Baby girl we cannot wait to see what the rest of this first year brings.  We are so blessed to have you in our lives and thank God everyday for allowing us to be your parents.

We love you baby girl!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...