Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Workout Update

I am proud to say that NO I haven't fallen off the wagon.  I met my goal and was able to finish Jillian Michael's 30 day shred before leaving Kisumu for the wedding.  With all the traveling and visiting, I didn't find time to workout till about a week later.  During this time I was trying to figure out exactly how I was going to go about the program again.  Did I just start from the beginning or should I do two of the workouts each day?

Finally I decided that instead of sticking with the shred and possibly getting bored of it, it might be best to find another one of her DVDs.  Jillian Michael's has a many videos with similar methodology so I thought any one of those would be good for me.  I ended up choosing her "Ripped in 30" video and did the first week before the wedding.  Again with all the wedding details, I didn't get much time to work out leading up to the big day.

Now that we are back in Kenya I want to dive right back in.  I've started on week 2 of the ripped and really enjoy it.  I'm not seeing the drastic results I did with the shred but I am finding it easy to maintain my new weight, which is key.  I know I said before it wasn't a huge priority to me to loose weight but now I see what the drop in pounds translated to my body (flatter abs, more defined muscles).  I am still trying to modify my diet a bit.  I'm finding it hard to change my lunch habits as we are really confined to what is served at the cantine.  Although I complain this could be easily fixed by simply packing my own lunch.  I however am a bit lazy in the mornings and enjoy my sleep...

So I'll keep at it and hopefully I keep seeing results.  It was really great motivation to get so many nice compliments at the wedding.  It pushes me to keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...