Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Wedding: Ceremony & Reception

As I've said before the wedding day was a bit of a blur to me.  I tried to step back and enjoy each and every moment but it was honestly super tough.  We were constantly making the rounds and visiting friends.  Then hitting up the dance floor then stopping for a beverage or two.

Josh and Dave wait patiently for me at the alter
A prayer is said
Lighting the unity candle
The ceremony was by far my favorite part.  I can't even describe the feeling of walking down the aisle on my dad's arm.  I kept thinking, "Oh my gosh.  This is really happening.  Oh my gosh.".  I remember the way Josh looked at me when he said his vows and how I desperately tried not to cry through mine.  Before we knew it, the unity candle was lit and we were Mr. & Mrs!  In all the excitement I totally forgot my bouquet.  Thankfully I had an amazing MOH who carried both up the aisle.  

Trying not to cry during my vows
First kiss as a married couple!
Mr. & Mrs. Joshua Bast
We headed back into the cocktail hour room and were able to greet all of our guests.  Although we didn't originally plan on a receiving line it kind of happened and we were thankful.  It gave us at least one moment to say hello to everyone and give out hugs.  I wish I would have taken out the veil first though.  The hugs were great but people tended to also tug on the tulle.  Not a great combination.  The rest of the cocktail hour we spent making the rounds and saying hi to everyone.  I was lucky to get a drink although I didn't even taste the appetizers.

Our yummy cake
Our "alter"
Then we were on to the reception!  Cutting the cake was an experience with Josh's saber.  The initial cuts went fine but then we couldn't get it out.  Luckily I have a smart husband who proceeded to use the saber to cut the rest of the piece out.  We were kind and didn't smash the cake in each others faces.  More so I avoided Josh's attempts too!  The crying continued with Arthi and Caleb's speeches.  Arthi had me going with all the stories and memories of our time in Michigan.  She had things in there I didn't even remember!  Caleb blessed everyone with his speech bringing the Lord into the day and reminding everyone that we owe Him for it.  We even had an unannounced visitor at the reception when a curious raccoon showed up just outside the window and proceeded to hang out there for most of the night.  Josh's nephew wanted to open the door.  I said, "Let's not." 

Our visitor at the reception
Josh welcomes everyone
After an amazing dinner we were ushered back into the cocktail room for our first dance.  This was the one other moment the entire day where I just felt like it was Josh and I.  I can count the number of times we've slow danced on one hand but it was really nice to have that moment with him.  My dad was brought in for the father/daughter and proceeded to make me bawl.  No dad I don't think this was the moment to look at me the way you did and to say all those nice things.  Yes I was honored but I also probably look lovely in all the photos.  ;-)

Daddy/daughter dance
Where's the garter?
Next Josh got to dance with his mom who was surprised by the upbeat song he chose.  Its one of the sweetest moments as a wife to watch your husband dance with his mom.  I got a great guy!  After a few more specialty dances including the anniversary dance, dollar dance and the bridal party dance the floor was opened.  The kids especially loved to twirl around and around the dance floor with Josh and I.  Our niece Ani was always running up to me whenever I was free to dance.  I'm not sure how well I did with my huge dress but I tried.  
Spinning around the dance floor with Ani

Mom & Dad share a sweet moment

Before we knew it the night was over.  Family was headed home and we were saying goodbye to friends.  Even though it was great to see everyone, its so hard to say hello and goodbye in the course of a day but we are grateful that everyone who came was there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...