Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Work = One More Week

It seems a little unreal to me that as I write this I only have one more week left at work.  As I have mentioned numerous times, my contract with KEMRI/CDC-Kenya expires at the end of this month.  With the Christmas holidays around the corner it seems that the end date has crept up even more.  The holidays have made the day to day around the office quite slow but I have still managed to finish up a few large projects.  My main goal was to complete one final year end report which I am still waiting on the data team to deliver.  I am also really excited to have completed the IRB renewal paperwork for next year.  All that's left is to submit it and hope the ERC is a bit faster than they were last year.

Next week I am hoping to get out to the field one last time.  However a nurses strike is paralyzing the medical system in Kenya and its likely the hospital will close before the end of the week.  From there its just a countdown till the end.

I am so thankful to have this experience.  I never thought in my wildest dream that CDC would allow me to come back yet alone start this project from the ground up.  I have learned so many lessons in management, study design and analysis.  I cannot express how grateful I am for the challenge!  I know that this experience is going to serve me well as I move forward with my career and am excited for what the future holds.

Thank you KEMRI/CDC-Kenya for two amazing years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...