Friday, December 7, 2012

The Trip Home

After many teary goodbyes, Josh and I headed to the airport.  My mom was awesome and got us a limo for the ride.  I have only been in a limo a few times and Josh never had so it was a fun experience.  We got to the airport pretty early and had to wait for the ticket office to open up but after getting our boarding passes we were quickly through security and seated in the lounge.

Our flight to Amsterdam was uneventful and we got three seats to ourselves which was nice.  Once there we again made our way to the lounge to freshen up and get some breakfast.  Quickly we were on the plane again and headed to Nairobi.  On this leg Josh got me upgraded to economy comfort.  Its not much different than regular economy but you do get a little bit more leg room and a few more food options.  This leg was the best for us.  I think we slept for most of it, only waking up for food.

In Nairobi, we quickly got two of our bags and then waited an hour for the last.  It never fails there.  The airport system is horrible and you just end up praying that they actually come.  That night we stayed with a friend and got ready to head to Kisumu the next day bright and early.

Again we had some issues at the airport with trying to get me on the flight.  They waited to the last minute to say I could get on and then we had to rush through the airport.  Of course once we were on the flight we waited 20 minutes before taking off.  It never fails.  In the end though I was just happy to be home.  Out of all our trips I think this one went pretty smooth.  I'm looking forward to being back and not traveling for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...