Monday, September 17, 2012

Nairobi for the weekend

Earlier this week I flew to Nairobi for work.  In the next few months we hope to expand our project to another hospital in the city and I needed to meet with some key collaborators.  Overall our meetings went all right and we were able to take a few steps forward in terms of being ready to start.

mmmmm I love hot chocolate on a chilly Nairobi morning

Long before I set up meetings for work, I had planned on visiting Nairobi this weekend to spend some time with a good friend.  Rachel was my supervisor back when I was working on my masters thesis in 2010.  We had kept in touch over the years and have become really close.  I was excited to spend some time with her and her family.  She had also planned a trip to the spa to celebrate our engagement and enjoy some relaxation.

It was great!  We were able to spend a lot of time catching up.  I also got to go with her to her daughter, Serabi's play.  I had a blast chasing after her youngest as he took his first steps.  The spa was amazing as well.  We started out with a full body scrub, followed by some time in the steam room, and finally back for a full-body massage.  Talk about relaxing!  I definitely needed it.

Serabi as Mrs. Vain
Stephen, notice he's the only one who can't keep still

Cutie Shaun
Overall time in Nairobi is precious and usually much needed.  I got to enjoy great food and some quality time with a dear friend.  Hopefully next time it won't take me so long to get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...