Saturday, September 22, 2012

From Garden to Table Phase 2

This weekend I decided to break into the pumpkin again and see what else I could make.  I was craving soups again so I thought I would give a pumpkin soup a try.  I've never made pumpkin soup before and have rarely eaten them as well so you could say it was kind of a shot in the dark.  I knew pumpkin and ginger go together well but I didn't want to stick to the norm.  Instead I found a great spicy pumpkin soup recipe online.

To increase the heat, I added curry powder, cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper.  In the end it just wasn't spicy enough for me so I continued to add cayenne pepper till it met my standards.  I haven't sat down to a bowl of it yet but am excited to break into it with a great piece of bread.


As Josh is away for a few weeks, I'll save the majority of it for when he comes back!  I'm already still thinking about the next pumpkin treat.  I just saw recipes for scones and snicker doodles....these may have to happen soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...