Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Thoughts on Moving

Well we're in full on moving mode here. It's that time of year again and we are off to our next adventure!  I know so many people wonder how military families do it.  How they pick up and move their lives every couple of years.  Heck I wonder the same thing before it became my life.

Of course it's hard.  You make friends, really good friends.  Military friends who get it.  Whose roots are also shallow but know how precious time is.  You dive in hard and don't look back.  You know that PCS time will be here before you know it.

You start to love the area.  You explore the beach and the mountains.  There's never enough time to see it all.  There is always going to be the one vacation you didn't get to.  That place you wanted to see.  Next time you'll tell yourself.

But then it's moving time.  A new adventure awaits and you're excited.  New things to see and do.  New people to meet.  In fact sometimes you secretly like the moving process.  You complain yes but there's a part of you that appreciates the fresh start.  It's a time to purge, rearrange and start again.

North Carolina has been great but we're starting to feel that itch again.  It's time to move on.  Sure we maybe back but for now it's time to leave.  I'm sure someday down the road I may feel different about moving but for now I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...