Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It's Moving Time!

Well it's that time of year again.  PCS time!! This week we have four days of movers and three total moves.  Since I have only done the move from Kenya I don't think I had a true grasp on how big of a move this is.  It's not as simple as the movers come in and pack everything.  No there's a ton of decisions to be made.  What get's stored?  What is coming with us to Georgia?  What do we need right away?  What will we carry in our suitcases?  I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

We did a lot of work on the weekend and I underestimated how much we had actually got done.  There was still so much on my to do list that Josh and I were working until midnight last night.

But here we are at the end of day 1 and it's moving forward.  All of the unaccompanied baggage is already gone.  The household goods are boxed and sitting at the house ready to be picked up.  Tomorrow the storage movers come and most of our furniture goes away.

The house is looking super bare and it's only going to get worse. Thankfully Mara did amazing today.  She watched too much tv but we made it through give or take a SUPER late nap (ready almost four hours late).

Tonight we have a short break from the madness to spend some time with the unit to say good bye to the soldiers and welcome the new ones.  The to do list will still be there but I hope we can just relax and enjoy this night out!!

Ok I think I'm done rambling at this point.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...