Monday, August 18, 2014

Life in Illinois

We've been settling into a new normal here in Illinois.  It's been great being with family and relaxing a bit.  Although our lives aren't too hectic in North Carolina currently, there's something to be said about getting away from it all.  My mom is also amazing at making you feel like you can just kick back and relax (laundry, food, etc)

Lately we've been enjoying some quiet days at my parents playing and skyping with Josh.  We have also tried to make it a point to go in and meet family for lunch and make surprise visits to Grandma at work.

Every night Mara has been going for walks with Grandma while I run.  On numerous occasions we have also stopped in at Aunt Julie's for a chat out on the patio and a look at the new kitties.  Mara loves watching them scamper around each other.  The weather is amazing here compared to the humidity of North Carolina.  I am loving the cool summer nights!

I have also jumped back into the tractor so to speak.  I was quickly roped into baling with my dad and brother again.  It's hard to be of a real help with Mara around but I'm glad I could help them finish off a few fields before the rain.  I have to say I enjoyed being behind the machine again too!


oh just baling some hay

Time has been going quickly and I am excited for what we have in store in the days and weeks to come including trips to Starved Rock, a visit downtown and of course our mini family reunion in Wisconsin later this month.

It's been hard having Josh deployed but it's also nice to be able to come up north and just escape it all for a bit.  It definitely
has helped the time go faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...