Sunday, August 17, 2014

Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,

Baby girl I can't believe my little baby is going to be one year old in a little over a month.  I swear it was just the other day they placed you on my belly.  That I cuddled you up to my chest and breathed in your sweet smell for the first time.

Now you are my active girl who is forever on the move, exploring and soaking in her world. I love that you approach each day with a sense of adventure.  You pull out your toys one by one as if you haven't seen them in years instead of hours.  You are always studying.  Figuring out how things work before you try it yourself.  You seem to want to make sure you know what you are doing before you give it a go.

You are such a joy baby girl.  Everyday I look at you and think how did we get so lucky to be your parents. Your smile and laughter are infectious and I cannot help but join in with you.  Any frustrations or headaches instantly disappear when that little grin crosses your face.

Your personality is starting to emerge.  You are reserved and quiet when first entering a situation but warm up with a little encouragement.  With those you feel comfortable with, you are constantly showing off, laughing and drawing them into your little world.  You love to sit with a book and be read to for hours.  You have this sweet smile that seems to say, "I already know what comes next, Mama," as we read the same book for the 5th time.  

Baby girl, I find it hard to put into words my love for you.  You have changed me for the better.  You constantly make me strive to be a better person and remind me of the important things in life. You have taught me selflessness and grace. Baby girl I am so glad God chose me to be your Mama.  That I get to see you learn to walk, go off to school for the first time, cheer for you at a sports event, etc.  That I can be there for you, always.

In six short weeks you will be turning one.  Although it will be just another day in your world baby girl, it's going to be a huge one in your mama's.  It symbolizes the start of your toddler years, of a whole new set of milestones and life lessons to go through.  I could have never imagined how much you would change our lives for the better in this first year so I imagine it will only get better in this next.

We love you baby girl!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...