Friday, August 15, 2014

Jess's Wedding

Last weekend Mom, Mary, Mara and I headed into the burbs to attend one of my college roommate's wedding. I was so excited that the timing worked out for me to attend.  I was really looking forward to seeing some of my Augie friends and catching up with everyone again.

We checked into the hotel and had a little free time to get settled.  Mara made the most of it crawling all over the hotel room.  It's hard keeping her contained these days.  I got ready and headed downstairs to the ceremony.

The location was beautiful and the weather was perfect, right on the lake.  The ceremony was short but meaningful.  There were a ton of fun details that were so Jess and Adam.  I especially loved their "unity painting".  I give Jess a ton of credit for painting in her white dress.

Ceremony location

After the ceremony we moved to the patio overlooking the lake for cocktails.  It was so nice to finally be able to give everyone hugs and see what they have been up to these years.  I think it's been about four years since we have all gotten together!  I was especially excited to see that Jo had flown all the way from Sweden for the event.

Around 7 we moved into the hotel for dinner.  The dinning room was just as spectacular.  After many speeches we enjoyed dinner and I headed upstairs to put Mara to bed.  Little miss had ideas of her own and decided she wasn't ready quite yet.  So instead we opted to go join the party.

Congrats guys!

Everyone loved meeting her and I think she loved all the commotion.  She happily clapped after all the specialty dances and flashed everyone her beautiful smile.  Eventually she did tucker out so we headed back upstairs for bed.

I sneaked back downstairs for the remainder of the party.  We enjoyed a late night snack of McDonald's hamburgers and danced the night away to classics from our high school years.  I have never heard so many oldies (but goodies) at a wedding before.

So good seeing this lovely lady again

Soon it was midnight and I was beat.  I said my goodbyes and headed back upstairs.  It was so amazing to see everyone again and to be able to be a part of Jess and Adam's day.  These people were such a huge part of my life in college and it's nice to see we can connect again years later.

Happy wedding day Jess and Adam!  Wishing you guys many years of happiness.  Love you guys!!


Mara getting into her toys 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...