Monday, June 30, 2014

Mara-9 Months

Weight: You are 19 lbs and 4 ounces and 27.5 inches tall.  I really thought you'd be over the 20 lb. mark but I think you're burning a lot of extra calories now that you are a bit more active.

playing in the church nursery

Health:  You are still pretty healthy this month girl.  You have some white spots in your mouth but I don't think this is thrush.  The spots scratch off easily and may be just dried milk.  We go in for your 9 month appointment in a few weeks and if they are still there we'll get them looked at.

She's such a morning person

Social: You are still very aware of your surroundings although you do not readily go to others anymore.  Now you tend to prefer to be held by mama while you are looking around.  Sometimes you do not even like to be set down when I am still near.  You need to be either on my lap or in my arms.

I love that toothy grin

Diet: You are eating twice daily.  You have about 3-4 ounces of fruits and veggies at both lunch and dinner.  You aren't really interested eating in the mornings and would rather just nurse.  I'm ok with that as our mornings are usually pretty busy.

You have also been eating some oatmeal mixed with some fruit or veggies.  The oatmeal seems to help you stay more regular.

Recently you have started to like feeding yourself.  Until a few days ago you were perfectly content to let me feed you and actually would drop all food I gave you on the floor before even trying it.  Now you love to feed yourself and have denied some of the purees preferring to feed yourself.

You really love puffs and I'm hoping to start giving you some cooked veggies to try to pick up and eat soon.
I have also noticed that you are very particular about chewing.  You are like your daddy in this area.  You take your time eating and do not like to have another bite till you are done with what's in your mouth.

Swinging 

eating

Clothes: You are completely in 12 month clothes and most of your bottoms are 12-18 months.  You keep growing out of clothes despite not really going up in weight.  It's kind of baffling to me.  I'm hoping you don't get into 18 month clothes within the next month or so.  We really don't have to many 18 month items!

Mama's Favorites: I love watching you interact with you daddy via skype.  I am amazed that you seem to know that it is him and still flash him a ton of smiles.

Crying:  You have been crying more lately with the teething and the clingyness.  You fuss when I put you down sometimes and are getting a bit more sensitive when I lay you down for naps.

You still don't love the car and cry until I reach back and put your pacifier in.  You also use this time to grab my hand and hold on.  It's the only thing that soothes you.




Sleep:  Sleep, as always with you, is hit or miss.  You wake up between two and three times a night, usually around 3-4 and then again around 6.  I can usually get you back to bed and to sleep till 8ish.  You also fight me at nighttime sometimes pushing off bedtime for an hour.

Naps are super hard.  I can't get you to fall asleep on your own so we nurse and then I put you in your crib.  If I'm lucky you sleep for about 40 minutes.  If I'm not you maybe sleep 20.  I don't know how you function.  I was hoping that you would increase your nap times with you being more mobile but you have proved me wrong.

You have gone down from three naps to two but they are still short.  You sometimes will go back to sleep if I nurse you when you wake up.  This makes me think you need more sleep but I don't know how to get you there.

Happy Daddy's day!

This Week: We are settling into life without Daddy.  It's been hard but now the days aren't dragging on as much.  We also celebrated mama's birthday.

Baby Likes: You are a huge fan of your toy basket and all its continents.  You love to dump it and discover everything in it.  As you become more mobile you love testing your boundaries and exploring the world around you.

You have found your voice and love to talk all day long.  You are especially talkative in the morning.

You especially like your toy where all the animals pop up and down.  You love pushing them back down but haven't quite figured out how to make them pop up.

You love to bang on mama's computer and phone.  You are not easily distracted when one of these objects are in sight.

Mowing with mama

Milestones:  You crawled forward for the first time!  You had been moving backwards for awhile now but really didn't understand how to get forward.  The best part of it was Daddy got to see.  In fact he was the reason you finally did it!  You were trying to get him on mama's phone so you finally moved your hands forward.

You broke in your top four teeth!  For the most part you didn't really notice but you did have a few cranky days where all you wanted was to be held and something cold in your mouth.

You are helping mama get you dressed now in the mornings.  You put your arms through the holes and when you are holding a toy you switch it back and forth between your hands as you put your arms through.

You are talking up a storm.  Now you don't really grunt anymore.  You babble syllables and regularly say dada.  In fact you said this to daddy on skype the other day and he was so excited.

Bathtime is still one of your favorite activities

Best of Times:  I love watching you grown and learn new things everyday.  You really seem to understand a lot of the world around you and I love watching you take it all in.

9 months big

Worst of Times: You are still pretty clingy.  I think its a combination of your age and daddy leaving still.  I'm hoping this wears off a bit because it's really hard for mama to just be on call 24/7 for you.  Sometimes I need to let others help.

Cutie

She is getting so big!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...