Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Arthi's Wedding

The last part of our trip was spent at one of my best friend's wedding.  I met Arthi at the University of Michigan and she stood up for me at my wedding.  I was so excited that both Josh and I could make it to every part of her wedding weekend.

Circling the Eternal Fire

The weekend started off with Vik and Arthi's Hindu ceremony.  Although the day was cold (think snowing in May) we had a great time.  I have never attended a Hindu ceremony and loved learning all the rituals and traditions that went along with it.  I got to dress up in Indian clothes and loved all the beautiful colors and jewelry that went along with the day.  Every detail was gorgeous and both Josh and I loved being a part of it.
The bridesmaids
After the ceremony we ate a delicious lunch.  It took both of us back to our Kenyan days and delicious Indian food.  It was so good!  Wedding games followed lunch and it was fun watching Arthi and Vik compete against each other.

From the Hindu ceremony we headed to the rehearsal.  The second ceremony would be a Catholic mass which required a bit of coordination.  After a quick run through it was off to eat!  We had dinner at a great little pizza and pub place.  Arthi and Vik opened the floor for toasts and advice and we had a great time hearing everyone offer up their thoughts.

Selfies in the limo on the way
Saturday was the big day and we woke up bright and early to get everything situated and ready.  Arthi looked beautiful in her dress. It was so classic especially with the lace veil.

I can't put into words how beautiful the day was.  Arthi really had every detail planned to the tee.  Everything was just so romantic.

Beautiful bride
After the ceremony we all piled onto the trolley and headed down to take a few pictures.  It was so much fun to just let loose and relax after the long weekend.  Not only do they (Arthi and Vik) know how to plan a wedding but they know how to plan a party!  Josh and I had a blast.

The night continued with great food, good drink and lots of dancing.  Again I am so thankful that we were able to be a part of her day.  Words cannot express how much I love that girl and I was so happy to be able to support her in my small way.  Congrats Arthi and Vik!  Here's to many more happy years to come!  Love ya guys!!

I'd do it all over again with this guy any day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...