Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Life Lately

Everyday life has looked a little different around the Bast household these past few days as Mara and I adjust to our new normal.  We spent the first few days getting over a nasty cold.  Thankfully Mara didn't get it too bad and I've been able to conquer the worse of the symptoms.  I still have a bit of a cough but I'm hoping it clears up in the next day or two.  

Besides fighting the everyday cold, we've been keeping busy hanging out with friends and running errands.  They say the first month is one of the hardest and it's been really helpful for me to have one thing to do each day.  It gives the day purpose and helps it not drag on.  We've gone to a pool party, hit up the commissary, attended a change of command and visited with old friends.  

Everyone has been just so amazing and supportive.  It's great to know that we have a network of friends here who we can turn to if we need to.  

Most importantly we've been keeping up with Josh.  The network there has been surprisingly great and we've been able to connect almost everyday.  I love watching Mara interact with Josh.  She loves hearing his voice and is always full of smiles for him.  He's been able to engage with her and even saw her pull up for the first time!

To say it hasn't been difficult would be a lie but we're getting there.  I think it's been good for me to just focus on the day rather than the larger picture which can be a bit daunting.  Plus another day down is another day closer!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...