Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We're finally starting!

For those of you who are lucky enough to not know my frustrations with my current project, its been trying to say the least.  But fingers crossed, I think most of that is behind us now.  Guess I should provide a little background....

When I first arrived in June, I was welcomed to absolutely nothing.  I had originally thought that the project would be up and running with me just stepping in and running the field operations.  I quickly learned that I would be taking a larger role and that it was up to me to get things off the ground so to speak. 

The following months were the epitome of two steps forward and one step back.  There was weeks where so much progress was made that it seemed like there was no way we wouldn't be starting soon.  Then of course something would come along and push us back a few weeks to a month.  August turned to September then October and alas its November. 

This last month has been the worse with struggles to obtain supplies and paperwork, that in my opinion, was completely unnecessary.  The last hurdle was cleared today as I sat for 2 hours in the procurement office waiting for my lumbar needles.  They were delivered on Monday but alas were some how lost in the office.  "No I won't come back later.  Yes it is necessary that we have spinal tap needles for a study on spinal taps.  I'll just sit myself right here and wait until you find them.  Thank you."  (I don't think they like me much in the office)   Thankfully after some digging they emerged with my needles. 

Even with all the supplies and everyone ready to go I am still worried we won't start tomorrow.  I won't utter the words "what else could go wrong" but that's not keeping me from thinking it.   I understand there will be bumps along the road as we proceed forward but before that can happen we have to proceed forward.  

So here's to me on my way to Siaya tomorrow with a truck of supplies ready to start......fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...