Friday, November 18, 2011

Marine Corps Ball

Last weekend Josh and I headed to Nairobi to attend the Marine Corps ball in honor of the Marine Corps' 236th birthday.  Not only was it an event to honor the Marines but all branches of the US military and other US diplomats attended.  It was fun to look at the sea of uniforms and try to guess which branch and which country they were from. 

After the presentation of the colors, the US ambassador spoke as well as a retired Marine officer.  Speaches were followed by the cake cutting ceremony.  Luckly a sword was used to cut the massive cake.  I don't think a regular knife could have handled it.  Dinner was a treat as we don't get most of what was served regularly here in Kisumu.  My mouth watered over the dessert table and I think I just about tried everything on there. 

Dancing started after dinner and the floor was packed long into the night.  Overally it was a great night.  I've never attended a "ball" before and it was fun to get all dressed up.  Learned Josh looks pretty good in his Army blues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...