Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chicago to London to Nairobi


I'm finally in Kenya. It was definitly an interesting journey. The flight from Chicago was very full but I was lucky to get a window seat and some shut eye. Never thought that 8 hours on a plane could go by so quickly. Needless to say I am not ready to do that again.


Unfortunately my 13 hours in London wasn't all I expected it to be. The city is gorgeous and I definitly want to go back, it was just very cold and rainy. I still decided to go downtown and do the double decker bus tour. Even though I had to sit below and inside the tour guide made the experience memoriable and I got a few good pictures.


The flight to Kenya was another long one, about 9 hours but again went really well. There was hardly anyone on the large plane so I was able to get 4 whole seats to myself. Needless to say I took full advantage of the leg room. Immigration and customs went extremely well. Much smoother than I would have ever thought and I was off.


CDC arranged for a car to pick me up from the airport and take me to an apartment. I've been relaxing the rest of the day. Managed to take a short nap and shower. Tomorrow I'm going into the office to meet everyone. Not sure how long its going to take to get there. There is a lot of traffic here and its only worse because Vice President Biden is currently visiting Nairobi. Hopefully the 5 minute ride doesn't turn into an hour or so! I'm really excited to get started but its nice to have this day to just relax. It defintly was a long journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...