Monday, February 13, 2017

Maddy's First Birthday

Like Mara's first birthday, we ended up in Illinois at my parents to celebrate.  It was really fun to continue this little tradition and my mom was super excited to host again.  Since we would be traveling only a few days prior I knew I would have to forgo my usualy party philospy of making everything and purchase the decorations.

Decor

Thank goodness for my mom and her picture printing!

We went with a confetti/sprinkle theme and kept it super simple! I ordered some balloons, confetti, happy birthday banner, paper flowers and candle.  Josh also was super helpful getting everything assembled and I think its the least amount of party prep I have ever had to do!

So many of our family, including my cousins, their girlfriends, my brother, Mallory & Patrick, family friends, Drew.  It was such a blessing!

Birthday cake and smash cake

Rocking the same skirt and shoes that her sister did!
Give me cake!
Maddy and Mara had a ton of folks to keep them entertained and defintily twisted my male cousins into pushing them around the house in both the car and little semi.  Maddy dug into her cake a lot faster than Mara did.  She even went in for a face plant.  I quickly stepped away from that situation and took to slicing the cake (no baby clean up for mom!)

We opened presents and just visited with family until everyone had to leave.  It was such a great day!




We let Mara in on the fun

I think I'll just eat the box instead

Yes Aunt Mary gave empty bottles.  Perfect gift for a one year old!

So many family and friends!!

Teamwork

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...