Sunday, March 20, 2016

Life Lately

Gosh life has been busy....For the last two weeks my mom and aunt have been visiting.  We've been soaking in every minute with them.  We've gone to the park, play place, the malls, Old Town, etc.  Since they were here for only a short while we wanted to fit in as much fun as we could!

Mara isn't going to know what to do without them here as one has been her constant play mate for the past two weeks.  I'm also going to miss the extra hands as Josh is currently out of country and I have the girls on my own for the next few weeks.

I've also been super busy with all things Usborne.  I'm trying to promote to Team Leader so I have really put my nose down.  Despite the hard work, it has been so rewarding.  My party schedule has been completely full which only means that I get to share these books with that many more people! :)  I have a few more milestones to hit on my way to Team Leader but I'm praying that they fall into place either by the end of this month or next.

We've taken a bit of a hiatus from tot school.  I had high hopes of continuing it while Mom and Mary were here but it just didn't happen.  We were out of the house too often during the week.  I think I'll just wrap up our dinosaur theme from two weeks ago and start a fresh on Monday with grocery store.  This will push us through the end of June but that's ok.  That gives me a few months to figure out what if anything I'm going to do with Mara "next year".

I'm currently leaning away from full time preschool here mainly because of the cost.  For the most part I am confident that I can provide the same for Mara here at home.  The only thing I feel like she is missing out on is the socialization aspect of it.  We'll just have to do a better job of getting out and scheduling more play dates!

On that note I will need to figure out some sort of curriculum for next year's preschool!  I'm brand new to this thing.  I don't think we need an official program just an idea.  This year we had a weekly theme and I really liked it.  I think we'll continue along these lines but try to incorporate more advanced ideas maybe even have a focus book of the week.

Now that I've rambled my way through this post, I'm going to get back on the blog train!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...