Saturday, February 20, 2016

Madeline-6 Weeks

Weight: You weigh just over 10 pounds this week and are 20.5 inches long.  You are in the 50% for weight and head circumference and 25% for height.



Health: You are still healthy!  I was actually pretty surprised as your sister got sick last week.  I thought for sure you'd get something as she just can't keep her hands off of your.  Thankfully those amazing breast milk antibodies did the trick!  No germs for you!


Social: Your smiles are still rare but you are consistently engaged with your surroundings.  You like to be in a propped up position so you can see around you.  You make eye contact with those holding you and follow voices.


Big Grins

Diet: Breast milk!  Daddy gave you a bottle the other day.  I didn't think we'd try this early but I left you with your daddy for a few hours and he wanted some milk just in case.  He didn't use it and we didn't want it to go to waste so we gave it to you that night.  You took it like a champ.  I got a comotomo bottle which looks so much like a boob. 

Clothes:
At the beginning of this week I officially packed up all your newborn things.  It wasn't too heart breaking and you were really starting to out grow them.  All of your onesies were too short and your sleepers too snug for you to stretch out your legs.  I'm excited to have a whole new set of clothes to put on you!

First Valentine's Day/Holiday

Mama's Favorites: Oh my I love your chunkiness!  You've filled out so much these two weeks.  It's unreal.  I'm not sure where your neck went but I love all the baby rolls you're starting to develop.

It's also fun for me to see your daddy interact with you.  He looks at you with such a sweetness.  I think we both realize this stage goes fast (as here we are with number 2) that we are trying to soak it all in.

Crying: Again you really don't cry.  Gosh it seems so silly to be writing that.  You have had your moments of fussiness when you are over tired or really hungry.

Sister snuggles

Sleep: You are still a rock start in this department.  You go to bed for the night around 11:30 and sleep till 6 am.  I then give you a quick nurse (you're barely awake at this point) and then you're down again till 10 am.  I'm not convinced that you would actually wake up for that 6 am feed if I didn't wake you.  You sort of stir but I think it's more me waking up (I have a crazy internal alarm clock) that makes me nurse you.  I figure while I'm awake might as well.

Naps are a little more inconsistent.  I'm still trying to sort out a schedule.  I really want to get you on one for the most part because I think this will help with better sleep in the future.  You typically take a nap around 11:30 and sleep till 1.  Then it's up for a bit while your sister sleeps.  You take another afternoon nap starting at 3.

We started putting you in your crib for your big naps this week.  I swaddle you up at the first sign of drowsiness and put your sleep sheep on.  Then I just leave.  Gosh I would have never done that with Mara.  Second babies!  You fall asleep almost instantly.  The first day I did this you woke at that 45 minute mark and had a hard time settling yourself.  The second day you were good.  You did still wake but settle back down after about five minutes.


This Week: This week you went to the doctors for the first time. You did great except for the heel stick.  We had to redo your metabolic testing because they didn't get a good enough sample the first time.  Fingers crossed its better now.


Baby Likes: You like to be sitting up and prefer to lay this way.  You really dislike being on your back when you are awake.  I think this is because you like to take in the world.

You like to make eye contact with those around you and are happiest when you are sitting "talking" to someone.

You do great in your bouncer still and love your sleep!

When Mara wants someone's hand to hold she goes for Maddy!

Milestones: You took your first bottle from your daddy.  You have also continued to give us smiles, more and more each day.  No laughs yet though.

You also celebrated your first holiday, Valentine's Day.  Nothing special but you did get to go out on Mommy and Daddy's date.

Best of Times: We are starting to hear the makings of a good laugh.  Can't wait till you grace us with that.

Daddy always gets the first bottle feeding

Worst of Times: Again I can't really seem to think of anything!  I hated hearing you scream when they needed your blood but I think overall it could have been much worse.  Minutes later you were unfazed and fast asleep.

Sister Diaries: Mara has been super cranky these past few weeks as she was battling illness.  Despite this she has been really sweet to you still.  She always tells you hello and loves to be next to you.  She seems to recognize the concept of being gentle and brings you toys to play with.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...