Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Life Lately

I feel like we've been on turbo here since before the holidays.  Josh's parents were able to join us for Christmas/Madeline's birth and we were so thankful to have them around.  Mara was spoiled having two around 24/7.  Here two days after they left she is still asking for them nonstop.

While they were around we tried to see as much as the city and the country as Madeline and Mom's back would allow.  We managed some great day trips and Dad and Josh got away for a few days to ski.  Besides the trips we had a lot of great family time here at the house.  Mom helped me a bunch in the kitchen, preparing freezer meals and helping me cook for the day.

Now that they are gone, we're trying to get settled into life as a family of four.  Josh is back to full time at work and I'm trying to figure out what life looks like at home with two.  Thankfully Madeline is a dream and I've been able to really focus on Mara the last few days.  We've dived back into tot school and already I am super impressed at her much her comprehension and attention span have grown in the last 6 weeks.

Mara has been the best big sister.  She absolutely adores Madeline and has been so gentle with her.  She constantly wants to hold her hand and always comes over to her when we bring her into a room.  It makes my heart so happy and I can't wait till they get at ages where they can really interact.  Madeline already loves to watch Mara and she always focuses on her when she's in the room.

On the horizon we're just trying to settle back into life here.  We have a few fun things planned with friends and we may try to potty training again (yeah try number 1 was a failure).  My mom and aunt Mary are planning on heading our way at the beginning of March and Josh may head back to the states around that time as well.  I've been knee deep in all things Usborne as well.  It's an exciting time for my business and I cannot wait to see where it takes me (but more on that later).

Overall life is great here.  Madeline is a dream and we cannot imagine a time without her already.  Mara is getting to such a fun age and I love seeing her grow and develop.  It feels so good to jump back on the blog train again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...