Monday, November 10, 2014

Life Lately

We've been keeping busy and also enjoying the slowness of life here lately.  Some days I feel like all we do is run around and others, like today, are nice because we don't leave the house.  Our weeks are typically filled with a few play dates and lunches with friends.  On Tuesdays we have bible study at church and most days we try to connect with Josh over skype.

Last week I had a blast exploring the Holly Day Fair.  It's a craft fair that has become a holiday tradition here in Fayetteville.  I didn't go last year but was encouraged by Josh to get out and check it out.  Mara fell asleep in the car and stayed that way as I loaded her into the stroller.  This was nice for me as I felt I had more time to just stroll through the booths.

My shopping buddy

There were a lot of crafts, clothes and other home decor.  I got a Christmas shirt for Mara and a few shirts for myself.  I also bought some fun treats most of which I shipped off to Josh to enjoy.  I didn't get any Christmas decorations as I frankly like to make my own but I did get some good ideas.  After a few hours we were craft faired out and headed home.

She now loves to sit on anything that resembles a big girl chair

We got some new books!

At the end of the week we celebrated the first birthday of one of Mara's little friends.  He was having a Halloween themed party so that gave us an excuse to bring out Mara's strawberry costume again.  I decided to get dressed up as well and went as grapes.  We were fruit!  My costume lasted all of ten minutes as I found out pretty quickly it was really hard to pick her up with all the balloons taped to my shirt.  Mara had a blast.  She ran around outside and was quick to help Benjamin open up his presents.

Grapes and strawberry
This week is another slow one which is nice in some ways.  We'll get to hang out at home, sleep in and take naps.  We may have to venture out for that signature grocery store run and possibly a target trip.  Before we know it the holiday season will be here!  I'm feeling completely unready but at the same time I'm not too worried about it.  The main goal will be to make sure Josh's present gets to him well before the end of next month.

Yes let me play with this tractor

Let me help

We are also looking forward to visiting with family in the next couple of weeks and can't wait till others come see us.  I think and hope the first of the year will be upon us soon and you know what that means.....were just that much closer to having my favorite man home again!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...