Sunday, November 16, 2014

An Early Surprise Anniversary Present

Being apart on our anniversary is going to be hard but this past weekend Josh went above and beyond to make the day special for me all the way from Afghanistan.  A few days before he let me know that a friend would be knocking on my door and that's about it...Despite me asking a few questions he was adamant on not giving me anymore information than that.

So on Saturday morning at about 9 am our friends Joe and Alyssa knocked on my door with two dozen red roses.  The day had begun!  We were headed to Raleigh for the day.  I was told that Josh had planned a few surprises and the rest of the day was mine to enjoy.

Our first stop was at a local spa for a massage.  Alyssa had been trying to set it up for a few days and hadn't been able to get through to the office.  The plan was just to show up and see if we could set something up.  Needless to say the office was closed.  We tried to contact the spa again with no luck.  In the end we decided to try another day.

After the spa we headed to the second surprise.  I asked Alyssa and Joe not to tell me until we got there.  As we pulled into the parking lot I knew...we were at the cloth diaper store.  My husband knows me well :)  They told me that Josh had purchased something for me behind the counter and that I was at my leisure to look around.

From there we headed to lunch which ended up being a quick bite in the mall with delicious cheesecake from the cheesecake factory for dessert.  We then decided to do a quick look around the mall and then headed over to the Container store.

I love organization so this is my kind of store.  I proceeded to walk down every aisle and picked up a few things that I thought we could use in the store.  Mara was about done at that point so we called it a day and headed home.

Although we ran into a few hic-ups with the spa it was a great day.  Of course I would have loved to have Josh there with me but I love him for putting this day together for me.  I know how difficult it must have been setting it up from over there.  This is one of the first times he's done a big surprise day like this for me and it was a blast.   I came out of it feeling so loved and appreciated.

Happy Anniversary Babe!  I can't wait to celebrate in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...