Thursday, May 8, 2014

Baptism

For awhile I've been thinking and praying about believer's baptism.  I knew it was something I wanted to do but up till a little while ago the timing and the church just wasn't right.  Then we came to North Carolina.

I love our church community here; every part of it.  Our pastor, the women's bible group, the ladies in the nursery, the congregation as a whole...It's where we've found the closest relationships and best friends.  It's really amazing how when you are so far away from family (as you normally are with the military) God blesses you with an "extended family" of sorts.

Well one day after our pastor just casually mentioned that some people were thinking about baptism, I just knew that I had to be a part of that.  That this was the church, this was the time.  After some planning we finally found a day and location that would work.  

We held the baptism at a local YMCA after service on April 13th.  It was so touching to have the whole congregation gathered around as well as Josh and his parents, who had traveled up for it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...