Monday, May 12, 2014

A First Mother's Day

I try to be honest in this little blog world of mine.  Record my feelings and day to day activities without fear of what others may think or believe.  This is one of those posts...

Leading into my first mother's day, I had all these warm, fuzzy expectations of the day.  Now in my head I'm not sure what this exactly entailed but it sure felt good.  Here I was finally in the "Mom" category and look a day all about me type of thing.

When the actual day rolled around, it wasn't anything like I expected.  Yes my husband remembered the day with the sweetest handwritten cards and a thoughtful and useful gift.  But it wasn't this amazing day as I had imagined in my head.  I walked around all day in a fog, a funk, that I just couldn't shake.

Then, late last night Mara cried out and I got up to comfort her.  I just picked her up and brought her into bed to cuddle with me.  I'm not sure how long we stayed that way or when we fell asleep but when I woke up that fog had lifted.

Yes the day was about me and yes I felt blessed by the gifts I received.  But its also about this remarkable little girl who made me a mama.  What a blessing she is in my life and how lucky I am to play that role in her life.

And about my hubby and the walk we take together as parents.  What a remarkable man I married that will remember me on this special day and try to make it memorable!

Happy Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...