Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Sunday

We've been here in North Carolina for about six months now and really hadn't thrown any get togethers at the house yet.  In Kenya we loved having people over for a meal or just to hang out.  With the super bowl this weekend I thought it was the perfect time to have some of our friends over and just enjoy the company (oh and the game of course!)

I had a blast putting up a few decorations in prep for the game.  Nothing major as I wanted to keep it low key but I'm always up for making the house a bit more festive.

Love having a mantel to dec out

My main focus of the day was the food.  I LOVE super bowl food.  I love all the munchies and not good for you food that you get to indulge in.  We had a huge spread including: spinach dip, make your own chili bar, meatballs, veggies, spicy pumpkin hummus, cocktail sausages, chips & salsa, guacamole, and decorate your own sugar cookie station.

The makings of a super bowl feast

Neither Josh nor I had any team we were rooting for in particular so we dressed Mara up like a football for the occasion.  I totally forgot that I had found this onesie and was super excited when I dug it out of her drawer.  Perfect for a super bowl party!

Daddy its time for football!
Overall the day was great.  It seems no matter where we go we always find an amazing group of friends and North Carolina is no exception.  It was great to spend some more time with everyone and just catch up on life.  Kids ran around the house.  Food was consumed.  Some football was watched.  Perfect Sunday night!


Football baby!  She did amazing through the entire night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...