Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend Josh and I had a great time hanging out with friends and celebrating Australia Day.  On Saturday we headed over to the Cowden's tiki hut, which is quickly becoming the hang out place of choice.  Our friend Travis secured the location for a little Australia Day fun.  Basically the rules for the day were to come in Australian attire and bring something for the barbi!  Josh threw together a corkie hat last minute and I decided my swimsuit plus a snorkel and goggles were appropriate as I was going to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.  :)

I love lazy weekends like this where we can hang out outside, lounge in the pool, play a game of bags, or throw the frisbee around.  And that's basically what we did all day.  By the time it came around to starting up the grill, we were starving.  We indulged in some decent meat and shrimp and threw together some kabobs.  They were absolutely delicious and we ate way too much.  The rest of the night was spent playing darts and hanging out by the fire.

On Sunday we headed over to our friend Punit's house to swim and chill by the pool.  I think the last month of Sundays has been spent by one pool or another.  What can I say?  Its our slice of paradise here in Kisumu.  Punit has an amazing house overlooking Lake Victoria.  The views from his balcony are just spectacular even with the hyacinth clogging up the port.  After a beautiful day in the sun we headed home and whipped up some stuff cannelloni for dinner.  Delicious!

Despite loving to travel around the country, I think one of the things Josh and I will miss most is weekends like this.  We love to get together with friends for some relaxation and bbq!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...